Discover something different every time...
We’re proud to be a real hub of community activity, with lots of events both public and private held here at Greenough Museum & Gardens. On this page you can find out all about the events we have coming up — and how to hire the museum for your own event.
Hire the museum for your next event
Greenough Museum & Gardens is a wonderful venue to host any event. We have three spaces available for hire.
Our indoor venue hire options include access to the Hub Kitchen, including the fridge, tables, chairs, urn/kettle/teapot/coffee plunger, microwave, wine glasses, crockery, cutlery and water jugs. You’re welcome to supply your own disposable cups, plates and cutlery if preferred. Access to the dishwasher is at the caretaker’s discretion and is limited to one session, for wine glasses only.
The set-up and pack away of tables and chairs is included in the hiring fees, if hired during the museum’s usual daily opening hours.
Equipment hire is also available for your event. We have a flat $20 fee for access to our:
- Data projector (supply your own laptop)
- Screen on stand (2.5 m x 2.5 m)
- Easel for tear-off Post-it Pad
- Sound system (this is only small and uses CDs or an iPod dock)
- Display cases.
Please note Greenough Museum & Gardens is a smoke-free and vape-free venue.
These are the three museum spaces available for hire:
This includes access to a space licensed to hold 35 people, that is suitable for workshops, meetings and exhibitions.
- Full day: $100
- Half-day or evening: $80
- Weekend: $200 (includes Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)
- One week: $300 to $500 (for workshops that charge participants). Rate is negotiable for private exhibitions.
Maley Room & Old Kitchen
This includes access to a space licensed to hold 20 people, that is suitable for smaller meetings and events.
- Evenings (after 3.30 pm): $80 ($50 venue hire, plus $30 after-hours fee)
Outdoor Spaces and Gardens
The museum’s grounds and gardens are beautiful places to hold your event. You can hire the courtyard, Elizabeth’s Garden (including the lawned area), or the Cottage Lawn, or a combination of these.
We also have two three-by-three-metre marquees available for you to use, but please note it takes three people to put these up, and it’s your responsibility to erect them.
- Daytime: $80 (This is a flat rate, for the whole or any part of the day)
- Evening: By negotiation (at management committee’s discretion)
- Access to Hub Kitchen: $50 (in addition to hiring fees)
- Marquee hire: $40 each, per day.